I’ve finally finished something!

Ta-da!

IMG_4637

It’s my new Washi Dress. I am supremely pleased with myself.

As a record here are the key facts:

Fabric – a low stretch viscose jersey that I got in the sale from My Fabrics.

Pattern – Washi Dress from Made By Rae. I made a the sleeveless tunic version, without the cutout at the neck.

Alterations – I cut the largest size, which was to fit a 42″ – 44″ bust and did a Full bust Alteration to add another 1.5 inches to the front piece. I split the bust darts, and added in darts to the waistline because I wanted it to be nice and fitted under the bust.

Things I learnt – How to use my new sewing machine. Because the jersey was so unstretchy, I just used a regular straight stitch for the seams, and then finished them on my overlocker. I used one of the stretch cover hem stitches for the bottom hem. I might still make it a little bit shorter, but I think I’ll wash it a few times before I make a final decision.

IMG_4619

First time I’ve shirred (not nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be, but I might buy a spare bobbin case so that I don’t have to adjust it every time I

IMG_4624

Comments

  1. emily says

    Thanks! I’m just waiting for the sun to come out so that I can wear it again…..